"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Picture Of The Day

OK, this might seem a tad self-indulgent but the intent was to showcase all of that tasty looking beef. When you're done drinking that in, check out the plate of food as well! Seriously, this was a single order of chicken fried steak I had upon landing in Houston last night and each of those two bad boys was about a pound each not counting the deep pools of delicious gravy. And that might look like a pile of broccoli but it's actually Texas-sized parsley. You gotta love the food here.

3 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

"Parsley" did you say? One of the things I enjoyed most in Houston was the food. When I was at UH there were plenty of very good restaurants that even us students could afford. And out-of-sight ethnic places.

The thing I liked least? The God-awful traffic on the freeways and around the Galleria and Westheimer areas. But eat your way to heaven.

magpie said...

Looks delicious. And I did think that was broccoli.

You look deeply contented,JBW.

JBW said...

Thanks, guys. Agreed Leslie, the traffic in H-town is my least favorite thing about the city as well.

And that actually is broccoli magpie, I was making a tired joke.