"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, June 19, 2009

Powdered Red Wine

I think I just found what I'm going to substitute for Tang when I eventually take my space flight. This an English translation of the German website:

The beverage powder that comes in convenient portions packed in pouches has an alcoholic content of 8,2%, which is similar to a light bottled wine.
One would assume that you add a measured amount of water to achieve the correct taste and alcohol content. Yes, yes, I know: to a true oenophile this is assuredly viticultural blasphemy but I plan on drinking when I'm in space, goddamn it! I assume that I'll have to make due with some sort of zero-g sippy cup rather than Riddell crystal though. This undoubtedly illustrates the term "roughing it".

(via)

No comments: