"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Laudo Pro Dies

"I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends. I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." -Dave Barry

I'd like to think that this isn't an accurate description of myself but I fear that it might be. As the apparent "Captain of the Debate Team", I'm consciously working on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cheetah can't change its spots. You'll always be invited to the party. All you need to worry about is that you don't get to the point where everything has to be a serious issue... then you'll just become boring.

Jeremy said...

I think that you have grown as a person over the years; enough to not always have to be right. If it were not for the phrase I taught you ,"gee, I guess you are entitled to that perspective", I believe we would arch Nemesis's today.

I honestly see no problem amigo. At least you don't make us feel as stupid as you used to.

JBW said...

OK, I'm comfortable with my spots. And yes, you are entitled to that perspective. Doesn't make you right but...

And it has never been my intention to make anyone I care about feel stupid. Just stop positing stupid points of view and there'll be no problems. I kid, I kid...