"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pachyderm Picasso

Ok, Ok, I know; just posting video after video is one of the signs of a lazy blogger but I assure you that I'm not being lazy. Just a lot to do lately and the weekends are slow periods as far as what's happening in the news, but I didn't want the site to seem fallow. I promise to have some more erudite musings in the near future.

So, one more amazing animal video and then I'm done with these. In the recent past I've posted a dancing walrus and a kung-fu bear and while this one is just as interesting it does move at a slightly slower pace. It's one of several elephants in Thailand who have been taught to draw self-portraits that are sold to pay for the reserves that protect them from poachers.

Although the skill involved does seem quite human, everything I've found on this topic says that they are merely mimicking pictures that they've already seen and not creating from pure imagination. To be expected but it's still impressive nonetheless:

No comments: