"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What About Brett Fahv-ruh...?

It's official: Brett Favre is retiring after seventeen years in the NFL. Now of course I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life but the Packers have always been my second favorite team and Favre had a lot to do with that. This guy went out onto the field every Sunday and performed superhuman feats for what are probably the most loyal and hardcore fans in pro football: he started every game for the Pack since his debut in Sept. 1992, was MVP three times, led them to two Super Bowls (winning one), and has a slew of records that will not soon be broken. I've always wanted to go to a game at Lambeau Field just once in my life (although I really don't want to have to go to Wisconsin to do this) but it would have been that much cooler to have seen him play there. I'm having some cheese with my dinner tonight just for him.

No comments: