"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cross And Jingoism

David Cross is one of my favorite comedians so I knew it would only be a matter of time before I posted some of his stuff here. When I wrote about the attacks on Barack Obama's patriotism in this post I wanted to include this bit from Cross' 2002 album Shut up, you fucking baby! but Youtube was having some server problems at the time. He pretty much sums up what I feel about mindless flag wavers: I love my country and what the flag stands for but I don't venerate it as some kind of holy relic or use the lack of a flag sticker or pin to impugn the patriotism of others. If you like what you hear I encourage you to buy some of his stuff. Enjoy (and turn down the volume a bit if you're at work):

No comments: