"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, March 7, 2008

But How Will We Store Tiny Sandwiches?

I thought I was finished posting for the night until I came across this story in the Chicago Sun-Times. Apparently the city has decided that the best way to battle the scourge of illegal drugs is to ban any zip-lock baggies less than 2 inches across. However you feel about drugs in our society, legal or not (I promise to elucidate my position on this in great length at some other time), you can't deny the genius of this legislation. I personally can't count the number of times I've purchased crack cocaine only to throw it back into my dealer's face when it was handed to me in a big, floppy sandwich bag. I only need one hit, jerk! What are you trying to do, clog the planet's landfills with extraneous plastic? I predict that we should be winning the War on Drugs any moment now. Save me a glass of non-alcoholic punch for the victory party.

[Update: I just came across this article in Time magazine by the writers of The Wire, an HBO cop drama that a buddy of mine claims is one of the best TV shows ever made. I haven't seen the show but I do agree with a lot of what they're saying here.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the same thing abotu The Wire. It's a show that I might end up renting and watching the entire series when the DVD's come out. I guess the finale is this coming week?

JBW said...

This is what I hear. I already have it in my queue.